Studio Wildcard, the studio that never sleeps, has muscled through another significant update for survival-adventure ARK: Survival Evolved, delivering a wealth of new content for Steam players featuring the speedy new herbivore Gallimimus, the shockingly satisfying Electric Prod Stunner weapon, and much more. Haven’t checked out the game yet? ARK is 40% off the full retail price during the Humble Bundle Winter Sale, so hurry there now!
Useless to some, an escape artist to others, the Gallimimus is definitely fast!
While the Gallimimus in real life might have been a large, chicken-like omnivore belonging to the clade Ornithomimosauria (similar to today’s ostrich family and closely related to raptors and modern birds), in ARK: Survival Evolved it’s an herbivore with no natural means to defend itself except for running away. Luckily for the Gallimimus, it may very well be the fastest dinosaur on ARK, and is capable of ferrying up to three Survivors in a specially-designed Saddle!
ARK Survivors are likely split between loving and hating the speedy bird-like dino. Pro Gallimimus fans will love it because it is the only dino that can wear a three-seat passenger saddle, it can be tamed, and its extreme speed and ability to jump long distances is among the best for scouting and exploring…or making a quick getaway. Anti Gallimimus Survivors believe its inability to harm predators or to harvest resources places it in a category of uselessness and as a tribe burden. The Gallimimus is extremely skittish, looking nervous even when eating in a peaceful clear meadow.
The Update Also Includes New Features
- New Armor: SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
- New Weapon: Electric Prod stunner weapon
- New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass tileset with plant-growing benefits
- Better Save/Load: Improved save-game save-and-load times
- Name Tags: Added new special name tags and custom hat skins for: Wildcard Admin Team, Wildcard Non-Admin Team, Authorized External Testers, and Dev Kit Masters. Get yours by joining the crew, apply here! (Users need to be signed in to apply.)
Visit the Ark: Survival Evolved’s Official Website to keep track of the latest updates.